Thursday, October 9, 2008

Riding In The Penh

Long story short, the last bike I had was sold to the recyclers for near nothing. It was a Suzuki GSX 400. Just crap, like a pile of hammered shit. This thing took so much time and effort to maintain. It spent more time in the shop than on the road. I was on the verge of blowing it up but the damn grenade cost money!!! I wasn't spending one more Riel on this bastard heap of shit. I wasn't going to sell this thing to someone unless I wanted to torture them. Oh yes... there is much hatred and bitterness. I'm glad it's gone.

Now I bought something that actually works for once. So... I began riding again and started meeting with a friend that loosely organizes bike rides and quick jaunts around the city to stir up some dust. I swore i had a rock in my eye last night. Let me tell you the look in peoples eyes as they first hear this cacophony of buzzing and whirring gears. It's like an invasion of aliens. People just stop to gawk or look bewildered. It's great to be riding on the bike as opposed to pushing the old bastard bike. Anyhow. Here's some photos during one of our impromptu rides.

All these shots were taken with a Nikon D3 with a 17-35mm F2.8 lens at ISO 12000.

Yamaha R6

The guys checking out a passerby's ATV

Honda 250cc Hornet

Yamaha FZ1

This guys bike is the R6 a few pics above. Broke his arm in France.

A Lineup

Honda DM-1

Saraboth and his R6

Honda CB-400


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I like this blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
    A hug from Portugal

    ReplyDelete