Sunday, April 11, 2010

GF1

Did I ever say I love this camera? Well I do and it fits in my pocket. Big cargo pants pocket of course. It is so much easier to carry this instead of any of the crap below. Flip the dial to IA and shoot. Want video? Hit the small red button next to the shutter and you got video. A quadriplegic monkey could take great pics with this camera. This is still my favorite digital camera as of yet. LOT had them for sale at 850 USD with the 14-45 kit lens. I saw another GF1 kit in Sorya for 1199 with the 20mm f1.7 pancake lens. That's waaayyy too much. Better off buying it at LOT if the have it in stock.
Unlike the Olympus EP1 the GF1 has a built in flash. Good enough for fill and not much else.

See that button on the upper right?The little red one? Thats the dedicated video button for when stills just can't capture the moment quite right.

There's no built in IS in the body like the EP1. The GF1's stabilization is lens based. A pity. Hopefully they'll fix this in future releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment